A lifelike bronze sculpture dedicated to the famous bullfighter Luis Miguel Dominguín. Created by renowned artist Ramón Aymerich, it was donated in 2008 by a group of friends and admirers of Dominguín, including the bullfighter Miguel Báez ‘Litri’ and ranchers including Álvaro Domecq, Fermín Bohórquez or Samuel Flores.
Dominguín made his first public appearance in the ring at the age of eleven and became a matador in 1941. He enjoyed wide popularity during the 1940s and 1950s in Spain, Portugal, Colombia and other countries.
In 1971 at the age of 44 he returned to the bullring. That year he retired again, but returned to the ring in 1971, aged 45, when he attempted to fathom the sport’s continuing allure. His comeback was at Las Palmas, the Canary Islands, when he wore the costume known as the “suit of lights,” which had been designed for him by Picasso.