Capitoline Wolf, Plaza de la Artilleria Segovia

30 days ago, 118 views
The Capitoline Wolf represents the mythological legend of the foundation of Rome and depicts the goddess Luperca suckling Romulus and Remus. The original has been located in the Palazzo dei Conservatori on the Campidoglio in Rome since 1471 and is one of the most recognizable icons of ancient mythology The statue is one of 3 reproductions that can be found in Spain and is situated precisely behind the Roman aqueduct in the Castilian capital. This copy was donated by Rome to the city of Segovia in 1974, coinciding with the bi-millenary of the aqueduct, which is one of the best-preserved elevated Roman aqueducts in the world and the foremost symbol of Segovia.

Comments

No comments found.

Location

Channel Scenes

SPONSORS

SPONSORS